NLCV Day Two

Merry Christmas!!
If you know me, I am not a morning person, but alas, when the alarm was going off at 5 I got up and hopped in the shower. We had planned on a quick continental breakfast and then hit the road by 7. We did fairly well, on the road by 7:45. I know you're thinking that it's almost an hour later, but for 4 adults with 6 kids that's pretty good for being on time. Today was A LOT of driving, but that makes tomorrow a little bit more relaxed (hopefully).



Here is the quietest part of my day!




The girls in front of the tree in the lobby with their sock monkeys from Grandma and Grandpa.




Welcome to Oklahoma. It really is a lot harder to take pictures of signs than you think! But I'm sure that I'll improve.



This wasn't even the best sign we saw! And we still had no idea what kind of smoke we were looking out for. But the sign of the day was, "Be careful Hitchhikers may be escaped inmates." And that was just so unexpected so I totally missed that photo op!



Here's making lunch road trip style. At this gas station, Abe gave up his sandwich to feed a homeless cowboy. Well, he probably wasn't a real cowboy, but he had a cowboy hat, but he was really homeless. This made us really appreciate the things we have, and make us see how much we take simple things for granite.



"Can we say that Texas is dumb?" No, but we can say that it has a ton of cops!!


Wide open range of Texas. It was just miles of land as far as you could see without any interruptions. Today it got up to 70! So how's the snow up there? This seriously made me question why I stay in Wisconsin and freeze half the year when there are so many other possibilities.


Recognizing the Lone Star State



Not sure what was more strange: The large leaning water tower, or the small replica that was on top of the sign right next to it.



See now this is a better picture! I'm not sure if this is the land of enchantment, I thought that was Disney World. It started to get more rocky and Abe was really enjoying the scenery.



After we drove 750 miles, this was the best way for it to end. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home