Because I didn't go to sleep until 5 A.M. (in the car for brief periods on and off), I am unable to share any pictures of the first part of this trip. You know the cars flipped over, the white outs, the 8-10 inches of snow that was falling as we drove through southern Wisconsin and into Illinois. I was barely functioning so I can only say that the trip would get better. I mean what could be worse than being jostled awake and seeing a truck upside down in the ditch? Completely rhetorical, no need to answer.
We stopped somewhere, I think it was Farmersville population 800, for gas/lunch, and then we headed to the arch in St. Louis.

A view as we entered into the city. In case you haven't seen this in person, those are sky scrapers around it.

This is the Busch Staduim where the Cardinals play baseball.


We couldn't peel her away from the window! Up here you are 630 feet above the ground. The girls loved every minute of it. Noone wanted to leave when it was time to ride back down, although I was more than ready.

Here we are in the tram getting ready to go back down. It's hard to tell because it's all white in there. It reminded us of Willie Wonka's glass elevator. Luckily we didn't burst through the ceiling!

The fam outside the arch.

Daddy and Sara

Here we take a Monster break. Thank you dear Alexa for my present. See it's still wrapped! This was long overdue for the day, but very much enjoyed! The arch is in the background (in case you thought this was an ad I downloaded for Monster...it's not...it's just us enjoying it!).


And this little project is an attempt to keep me from getting car sick. It was going to be mittens, but now hopefully it'll be booties for Baby Olivia.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home