NLCV Day Three

I love being able to step outside at 7 a.m. in December without a coat! We drove from Albuquerque to the Petrified Forest. The roads where icy and snow covered it was just like home. We even got to see a car backwards in the ditch. Because of the snow the colors were a bit muted at the Painted Desert, but we could still see the reds and browns. The girls became official Junior Rangers here with official badges and patches! From here we hopped in the car and headed to Flagstaff for the night. The lesson we learned after arriving at the hotel is...we will no longer book hotels by looking on the internet or at stupid hotel books! Great view of the mountain, but that was about it.

P.S. I hate wearing my coat in December in Arizona!!!!

Here's the view from our hotel this morning

Wow! This was yet another awesome picture opt that I actual got!

Dear Wisconsin, I'm sorry that I said I had a hard time remembering cold weather and snow. Thanks for reminding me.

See, when I think of Arizona I always thought warm and sun. That's why old people go here to retire right? Well, I WILL NOT be retiring here! Abe might though.

Here we are at the Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona. Behind is is part of the Painted Desert. Can you feel the wind? I think Eve's face says it all.

Part of the Painted Desert

Chillin' with some old wood. This wood had amazing colors!

Abe and his dad in front of the largest piece of petrified wood in the park.

As you can see as I was once again not ready here, hence the back window picture. This is right from the movie Cars! This is on Route 66, and you can get your own wigwam, cozy cone, for $54 a night. Check out their site here.

One majestic mountain on our way into Flagstaff.

I asked Abe if we just a higher standard of clean, or was it all in my head. Apparently Sara agrees with me! Here she's cleaning the luggage stand, although only in her diaper, maybe she's found her calling.


I'm so glad we took Elizabeth's advice with food!! We ordered food from New Jersey Pizza Company (as opposed to Papa Johns), and it was awesome!! Their ingredients are top quality, much of it organic, from small family farmers, ranchers, and artisan cheese makers. Their ham is actually from Nueskes! Our pizza is half 4 cheese (housemade mozz, ricotta, reggiano, and cheddar) half morotto (extra virgin, greens, fruit, blue cheese, housemade mozz, toasted nuts)

Fruit & Nut Salad- farm greens, seasonal fruits- ours was apples and pomegranate, nuts, and artisan cheese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home