Finally Satisfied

On a daily basis I get emails from stores/sites that I've signed up for their newsletters. It's just so great to find out what's new and what I could save 20% on IF I use such and such a card. And love the free shipping on orders OVER $50.

But what I can finally love most of all is the day when, while checking emails, I just deleted them without even opening them. Without even feeling like I wanted or needed to. Without even being curious "What's New for Fall."

I can tell you what's new for fall. Being satisfied. I have absolutly no desire for anything more. If you asked me to go shopping, I'd either tell you no or make up an elaborate lie that would leave you wondering why I lied to you. I just don't want. Don't want more stuff, don't want to deal with people, just don't.

I'm content with what I have and don't have for probably the first time for as long as I can remember. I have more than a lot of people. And for that I am so greatful. I look back at all the things I took for grantite, and wish I could kick myself for being stupid and taking advantage of some of the most basic things, things some people long for. (That just spoke to me in so many ways only a few will understand.)

Aside from that recent epifany, all I can say is this is me, and I'm finally happy.

1 Comment:

  1. Elizabeth Morrison said...
    Amen.

    Not sure what it is about right now, but I just told Nate this morning that I was done trying to keep up. It's too tiring. I just want to be comfortable with what I have which, by the way, is too much, just like the rest of America.

    We should form an "enough" club, make t-shirts and go on The Price is Right.

    Wait... that wouldn't work. We'd be playing for "stuff".

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home