Where Have I Been

Well every day I think "take 10 minutes and update." But if you blog you know that there is no real possibility to actually just take 10 minutes. Next thing you know you're looking at this blog, and then this one, and then one you've never seen before. And of course they mention etsy shops so then you have to check that out too.
Last Friday I had to work concessions down at the rink, and then we all skated during the open skate. We took our niece, Faith, for her first time skating, and she loved it. Before we left she was asking when we could go again. Of course I have no pics to document this event. But I do have some for this....

Our first Hockey Game of the Season

Leigha told me she is the 3rd from left in the back row and Eve is to her left.


Leigha


Eve

After there game in Point, we headed to Green Bay to watch the Gamblers. We made it in record time to the game too! The Gamblers ended up losing 2-3. They had 2 other goals not count, and of course there was a little bit of fighting. When we got back into town we stopped at the Shell and this is what we saw...



I almost had a heart attack, and apparently had to take a picture of something that was only a faint memory. This is also where our night got sorta strange. To give the condensed version: At the gas station there was a young gf/bf with car troubles. Abe tried to help them, and also had to go home twice to get what they might need- wrenches, jumper cables etc. It still wouldn't start, and this was close to midnight. Their ride was coming from 1 1/2 hours away so Abe offered for them to come to our house and wait. She had been huddled up in a sleeping bag for over 20 minutes before we even tried to help them, so they decided to come over. Before they got in I told Eve to NEVER go to a stranger's house no matter what. I ended up renting a movie to occupy our time with them. It was kinda funny because while on the phone his dad asked him why he went and he said Abe didn't look like the ax murderer type. And then trying to be discreet her dad text her, which apparently he never does, "Don't eat or drink anything they give you!" So I offered them soda- in unopened cans, and popcorn still sealed in the plastic wrapper. Yes this was to funny and even when I think back to that night I still laugh. I'm just glad they did come over instead of turning into popsicles while they waited in their car. After they left Abe and I both agreed that we would have never went to someone's house if asked, but it worked out for them.

1 Comment:

  1. toni said...
    That is exactly what you were suppose to do, God sent you there to help them! And all of you learned something from the experience! That was a lovely thing to do. I have had similar experiences and it usually is good.
    Yes, the gas prices are declining, but I wonder for how long???
    The girls looked great in their hockey attire. Did you manage to keep warm working in the consession stand?
    Keep loving!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home